Sunday, July 24

Desiring God: Finding Complete Satisfaction & Joy in God!

This DVD set is based off John Piper's life motto and his book of almost the same name: "Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist."  People don't use the word "hedonist" much today but they're all over the place.  Hedonists are people who live for pleasure.  Everything they're about is in seeking pleasure for themselves.

So what's it mean to be a Christian Hedonist?  I'm one... at least, I hope I am!  A Christian Hedonist is someone who lives to seek pleasure... in God!  This DVD series or the book (whichever you choose, and I do hope you choose one of them) is all about living for your deepest joy, for the glory of God, and finding perfect satisfaction in that while living free to seek pleasure in Him.  You can read the beginning of the book here at Amazon.

Jesus really is the only one we can go to for complete joy, and we should never feel guilty for feeling perfect pleasure in living right and feeling perfect delight as Christians.  These DVDs and the book are so incredibly life-changing, inspiring, and amazing that I hope with all my heart you'll look into one of them if you can.

My hubby and I discovered John Piper last year when our church pastor recommended one of his books.  Mr. Piper is so gifted by God with great understanding and the gift of writing.  His books are so encouraging, thought-provoking, and life-changing.  We own the book "Desiring God" and when I saw that it is now also a 10-part DVD series from Multnomah, I jumped at the chance to review it.


If you can't afford to invest in a DVD series or a new book, I urge you--check out John Piper's blog at http://www.desiringgod.org/blog!  There are so many articles there that will give you wisdom and make you think about important issues.  If you want to desire God more & find complete satisfaction the only way it can be found, check it out!

This DVD set was provided to me by the wonderful people at Waterbrook Multnomah in exchange for a thoughtful and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment