Wednesday, June 13

Glamorous Illusions... & the Intriguing Grand Tour



There isn't much more I can say after such an intriguing book trailer as that! Let me just say that Lisa Bergren's "Glamorous Illusions" totally swept me away. I loved it! The book isn't as predictable as most--there were many twists and turns I definitely didn't expect. The "Grand Tour of Europe" backdrop is also interesting; it's something I've heard bits and pieces about but I've never really researched it or read an entire series devoted to it.

The main character, Cora, is very likeable, flaws and all. She's a beauty who is swept from simple farmlife into grand European style.  She's trying to find herself in the midst of a quickly changing future, and she's finding God at the same time.  The faith in this book doesn't come across as fluffy or fake; it's real and genuine.

I am so captivated by Cora's story!  My only regret is that I have to wait months for the next book in the series! Thank goodness time flies. I can't wait to see what new and exciting twists and turns of adventure Miss Bergren has up her sleeve for the next two books in The Grand Tour Series.

Special thanks to the wonderful people at Litfuse and DavidCCook for providing me with this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment