Wednesday, April 11

God Gave Us You: Now a Board Book!

I love all of Lisa Tawn Bergren's picture books and now you can get 2 of them as board books: God Gave Us You and God Gave Us Love.  These books are so sweet and special, the perfect gift for your baby or for a baby shower.  I'm giving them to a friend who is having her first baby this summer.  I know she's going to love them!

God Gave Us You is very well-written.  Because of the sweet, eternal message it has, reading it to your baby or toddler will be sure to bond you even closer together.  The illustrations are beautiful.  The story itself is something special along the lines of Margaret Wise Brown's The Runaway Bunny (which is a classic in children's literature you should definitely read if you haven't already!)  I have to admit, I like this story even better than the famous Miss Brown's because of the inspirational message within its pages. Remember, this specific copy of the book is meant for babies and toddlers--it is in a board book format.

I highly recommend this book and am so glad I had the opportunity to review it!  I also recommend the others I've read in the series: God Gave Us Love and God Gave Us Two. You can read my reviews of them by clicking their titles.  Or you can read excerpts from each of them at Amazon. : )

The wonderful people at Waterbrook Multnomah provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for the purposes of this review.  All views presented are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment