Monday, March 28

God Gave Us You

Lisa Tawn Bergren's picture book God Gave Us You is a sweet story that helps children understand that they're a blessing, a gift from God to their parents.  It helps explain in the most childlike way where babies come from.

This book is very well written and reading it to your child/ren will be sure to bond you even closer together.  The illustrations are beautiful.  The story itself is something special along the lines of Margaret Wise Brown's The Runaway Bunny (which is a classic in children's literature you should definitely read if you haven't already!)  I have to admit, I like this story even better than the famous Miss Brown's because of the inspirational message within its pages.

I highly recommend this book and am so glad I had the opportunity to review it!  I also recommend the sequel to God Gave Us You--God Gave Us Two. I'm sure you can imagine what that one's about! 

The wonderful people at Waterbrook Multnomah provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for the purposes of this review.  All views presented are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment