Monday, March 28

Time With God for Mothers

Time with God for Mothers is a lovely hardcover devotional book that's sure to encourage any mother whether she's 25 or 52.  The devotionals are short and sweet, and make it easy for a busy mom to pick up and spend some time with God when she has some spare minutes throughout the day.  The pages are decorated with beautiful jewels, accenting the truth that we are God's jewels (Malachi 3:17).

Time with God for Mothers includes 90 pages of devotionals which are one page each; a page of "Mothers' Prayers in the Bible"... prayers of women like Hagar, Hannah, Leah, and Mary; pages of scripture references on "The Responsibilities of Motherhood," "The Promises of Motherhood;" and pages for notes.  I have to admit, I want more than just mushy encouragement out of a book, as anyone whose been reading this blog long knows.  The devotionals themselves are encouraging but lack the challenge I long for in a good book.  I'm sure that was the author's intention, and he balances it out with the scripture sections at the end of the book.  I'm eager to sit down and do some good studies on "The Responsibilities" and "The Promises of Motherhood."

This book makes a nice devotional, a great coffee table book, and would be a wonderful Mother's Day gift for your mom.  I'll be giving one to my own mom for her birthday which is coming up soon!


The wonderful people at Thomas Nelson provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for the purposes of this review. All views presented are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment