Tuesday, March 22

The Daughter's Walk... Based on a True Story

Miss Jane Kirkpatrick's newest book "The Daughter's Walk" is historical fiction based on the true story of Helga Estby and her nineteen year old daughter Clara.  One day in 1896, Clara's life took an unexpected turn when her mother informed her they'd be walking 7,000 miles across the country to earn money to save their family farm.  I was eager to read this book because I just can't get enough History and I'd never heard of Helga or Clara Estby.

Because of my husband's job, my family and I have journeyed across the country numerous times--adventure though it may be, it's not without its challenges with a mini-van and nice hotels along the way!  I couldn't imagine walking 7,000 miles alone with one of my daughters.  God truly protected these women who got into some harrowing scrapes!  Their adventure was by no means all fun and games.  These women experienced much tragedy and many trials.

Much of this book is about after the long walk they took.  The choices the daughter, Clara, made and the ways she dealt with her lot are both heart-rending and challenging to the reader herself.  The storyline is wonderful and the writing is excellent.  I was hooked from the first page.

"The Daughter's Walk" is a captivating and inspiring story.  It won't be available to the general public until April 5th but you can pre-order it on Amazon for just $9. And you can get a sneak peak here:
http://waterbrookmultnomah.com/2010/01/12/sneak-peek-the-daughters-walk-by-jane-kirkpatrick/

Or check out the incredibly interesting book trailer video.



Enjoy and be blessed!

The wonderful people at Waterbrook Multnomah blessed me with an Advanced Readers Copy of this book to facilitate a thoughtful and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment