Tuesday, September 6

Right From the Heart

Right from the Heart is a 365 day devotional and it's a pretty good one.  I think it would be especially good for a new Christian or someone with a lot of doctrinal questions because it deals with things that are unfamiliar to a lot of newer believers.  It's also encouraging and enlightening for those older Christians, as well.  Usually, I prefer to write my own devotionals and, when I do seek someone else's devotionals I like to be able to skip around.  I don't like to be confined to just 1 page or 1 topic or a date at the top right corner.  This book is meant to be savored for a year and is a bit rigid if you follow the guidance.  I don't.  I find a topic that sounds like what I need to read and I read it.  I like this book that way, and wouldn't like it if I stuck to the daily scheduled reading. 

Each daily devotional in Right from the Heart begins with a verse and then 3-4 paragraphs that expound on it and offer insight.  This book isn't meant to replace your bible or prayer time, but it's a good starting point to your time with Jesus.  You can read the first few pages of it here.

I definitely recommend Right from the Heart, especially if you're a new Christian or someone who's been a Christian for awhile but is finally starting to get serious.  Besides that, it's a pretty book and would make a good coffee table decoration.  Maybe a friend or family member will thumb through it and get inspired!

This book was provided to me by the wonderful people at Booksneeze in exchange for a thoughtful and honest review. 

1 comment: