Saturday, November 10

The Memory Jar

A memory jar is a bit like a journal except that, instead of words, it houses tiny treasures that will bring back your favorite memories. Reading Tricia Goyer's new book The Memory Jar inspired me to start my first one. I've always written a journal to keep my memories fresh and remind me of where God has brought me from and through, but I'd never heard of a memory jar before. Like Sarah from between the pages of the book, I plan to start a new memory jar each year.

Like the memories she carries in a jar along with the small items connected to them, Sarah carries around her emotions instead of allowing them to penetrate deep into her heart. One of the most touching stories I've read in a very long time, I often cried both tears of joy and tears of sadness for Sarah.



The Memory Jar was such a powerful and touching read! Heartwarming, inspiring, romantic, sweet, and unpredictable, it had pretty much everything a good book should have. I've just discovered Tricia Goyer this year but each of her books has touched my heart. Unlike many authors, her stories seem to always be something fresh and new. Her books move at the perfect pace--never boring, captivating my interest, and not tempting me to read the last page.

If you like Amish fiction you'll love this or, gosh, if you've never tried it, let this be your first!  


Special thanks to the wonderful people at Litfuse for providing me with this book to review.

2 comments:

  1. I finally got to read this--awesome book--everyone I know would enjoy this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review! This has inspired me to start my own memory jar!
    patricia(dot)pickett(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete