Wednesday, July 18

"Revenge of the Red Knight" Awesome Kids Historical Fiction from Adventures in Odyssey


This 4th book in the Imagination Station series, Revenge of the Red Knight, takes place during medieval England. Two kids, Beth and Patrick, end up on an adventure where they meet a good knight, a bad knight, and Lord Darkthorn, whose treasures have been stolen.  This book is written at a 2nd grade reading level, but even I was captured with the story!  Definitely a page turner with a surprise ending. 

My children and I have read all of the Imagination Station books in order up to Revenge of the Red Knight.  You could read them alone, but the story is a continuing one and I highly recommend starting with the 1st in the series, Voyage With the Vikings

As a homeschooling mom, I use these as part of my history curriculum.  Yes, historical fiction may be a bit unorthodox, but it grabs my children's interest, real-life characters are featured in these books, and the authors stick as close to possible to real life events as can be expected with 2nd graders historical fiction.  This is my favorite series for this age level and I couldn't recommend it more highly!

You can get any of these books at Amazon.com for $4.99 new or do what we did and...

Get Imagination Station books for free by participating in Tyndale's Summer Reading Program!

No comments:

Post a Comment