Tuesday, April 30

Chronicles of Narnia Audio Drama: The Last Battle

My children and I love this audio CD set so I'd like to send one to one of my readers, too.  We listen to audiobooks often while taking long drives up to the mountain or on road trips... or sometimes when we're simply taking a short drive to the grocery store.  This audio CD is a drama with more than 100 actors, cinema-quality sound design, & music.
 
Upon entering an enchanted world called Narnia, four ordinary children learn extraordinary lessons in courage, self-sacrifice, friendship, and honor.

About The Last Battle: 
A powerful script and stellar cast mark thisacclaimed Radio Theatre adaptation of C. S. Lewis’s most famous work. What begins as a self-serving scheme by an evil ape quickly turns deadly, as the fierce Calormenes invade Narnia and claim that their god, Tash, and the Great Lion Aslan are one and the same. Young King Tirian and his comrades must fight for the survival of Narnia. The Last Battle, though the conclusion of the series, is also a beginning—with a timeless message that listeners will treasure.

You don't need to have read the other Narnia books to enjoy this audio CD, but I do recommend them.  They're an incredible series and you can always find them at used bookstores or on Paperbackswap for free or cheap (check out the sidebar to the right if you're interested in Paperbackswap--I love it!)

18 comments:

  1. I never got to read these books but I've heard good things! This way I'd actually get to listen on a trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I haven't read the last book yet so this would be awesome! I need a refresher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love audiobooks and they love Narnia, so this is a great combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, the kids loved reading the books so this would just make it more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Narnina books! This would be great for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter listens to books on cd at night and would love to add this one to her collection!
    Cassie
    cjm92995@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We LOVE Narnia!!!!
    kgirl418@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:32:00 PM

    The Last Battle was my favourite book as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. my kids love this story

    ReplyDelete
  11. Audio books are a great thing.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Narnia books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My son loves these books! He owns a couple different print versions and this would be a great item to add to his collection! He is only 8, but has watched the movie since he was 2.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in the market for some nice audio books. So hard to actually read with a new baby in the house and having to nurse her all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love my kids to listen to this and learn about God :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely loved Narnia as a child! ( Still do!) Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds good.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some of my favorite childhood memories are listening to The Chronicles being read aloud!

    ReplyDelete