Friday, November 4

A Lasting Impression Book Tour & Contest

A fake. A forger. More than anything, Claire Laurent longs for the chance to live an authentic life, to become the woman she wants to be. And she'll be given that choice. But will it come at too costly a price?

Tamera Alexander's most recent release, A Lasting Impression, definitely left a lasting impression with me!  The heroine's story was so intriguing and there was so much mystery that my attention was well held throughout every page.  Claire is an artist who is forced to paint replicas of famous artwork... and to sell them as originals.  After a murder, she is forced to run away... and then her story really begins.  A dashing man, a beautiful mansion, a dash of mystery, and circumstances that open the eyes of someone who sees herself as a forgery but who ends up finding Truth all make for a wonderful story.

Nearing the end, I wasn't sure how A Lasting Impression would end... this is one of those not-at-all-too-predictable books!  And I have a terrible confession to make--I turned to the last page to read it & satisfy my curiosity!  I very rarely do that, but I could hardly help myself.  I went back and read everything I had missed to fill in the little blanks and still thoroughly enjoyed it all.

As Historical fiction goes, this book was spectacular.  As Christian fiction goes, it wasn't as fulfilling as other Christian Historical fiction by authors like Francine Rivers & George MacDonald (whose standards are very high to live up to, I'll admit).  It was great entertainment and I doubt it will challenge you spiritually but I recommend it, nonetheless, for its great story & encouraging message.

Enter to win one of Tamera's fabulous prizes and RSVP for her Facebook Party on 11/15!

This book was provided to me by the wonderful people at Litfuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment