Monday, May 23

When God Created My Toes!

When I asked my just-turned-7-year-old daughter what this book was about she said quite simply, "About how God created our bodies!"  True true.

This is a cute little story that my daughters, son, and I enjoyed.  It's written in the words of a cute (though mischievous, often trouble-making) little girl who wonders all about when God made her toes, her hips, her knees, and so on.  There's this underlying message, I'd say, that God loves us all the time: even when we're making messes with finger paints on the living room walls (Mom was NOT happy!), getting muddy in the garden, skinning our knees, and tying bonnets on our cats (who don't seem to like that, not one bit).

This is a cute story with nice illustrations and great messages.  It's also a quick read which holds both childrens and parents interest.  The words all rhyme which makes it that much funner to read.  My Olivia's favorite page goes:

When God created my hip, 
Did I hear him say, 
"Hip, hip, hooray!"?  
Did we do a double flip 
when God created my hip?

Lulu likes that part because she's a doing-flips kinda girl.  There's something I think every little one can relate to in this book, and I highly recommend it!

This book was provided to me by Waterbrook Multnomah in exchange for a thoughtful and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment